Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Women compete too


3 of 3
Originally uploaded by sosidesc
Women also bodysurf. It's not just a mans sport. I know I never implied that but wanted to note this. From young girls to mature grown women they enjoy the sport/artform that is bodysurfing.

I took this picture from the Oceanside Pier during the World Bodysurfing Championships. I really think that women are a big part of bodysurfing. I think there is so much room for bodysurfing to grow. The surf industry needs to open there eyes and start promoting it. Why not? I would have to think that the regular surfers out there must be getting tired of the same old thing. Shortboard rippers doing all the same moves on all the same boards. It's getting a little boring if you ask me. It has it's place but so does bodysurfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment